- Join a leading Victorian Not for Profit
- Richmond Location
- Full Time, Fixed Term position until 19th June 2019
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced Finance Officer to join our busy Corporate Services Team which consists of our Fleet, Property, Purchasing, Facilities, IT and Administration teams.
About the Role
- Accounts Payable and Receivable processing.
- Reallocation of expenditure from clearing our accounts.
- Entry of direct debits and direct credits for all Berry Street bank accounts.
- Bank and General Ledger Reconciliations.
- Preparing and analysing monthly rent schedule.
- Preparing banking as required.
- Preparing month end reports.
This position is 76 hours per fortnight and will be contracted through to 19th June 2020.
Please refer to the position description for further information.
- Tertiary Degree in Business, Accounting or Commerce
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Previous use of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar ERP system
- Staff must hold a valid WWCC, current drivers licence at all times and undergo a Criminal Records Check prior to employment. Subsequently, staff must report any criminal charges or court appearances.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter to be submitted by 11pm on 6th September 2019. Queries to Pin Li Ng – Financial Controller on 03 9429 9266
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.