- Berry Street School (Independent School) + Education Support Services
- Noble Park location
- Excellent salary packaging benefits + annual motor vehicle allowance
The Berry Street School is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Ballarat, Morwell, Noble Park, and Shepparton. The School adheres to standards set by the Victorian and Federal Governments. We offer an adaptation of the Victorian Curriculum for years 7–10 and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).
Many of our students have experienced trauma and disrupted attachment, and have significant gaps in academic achievement. They have found it difficult to learn in a group setting, presenting with behavioural and social problems in school.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the Noble Park Campus. This includes:
- Overall accountability for a high standard of delivery and the continued improvement of curriculum, competency based learning, student intake, welfare & emotional wellbeing within the campus.
- Maintaining a cohesive team bringing together the disciplines of education and welfare and ensuring team members are provided with supervision, support and professional development.
- Establishing, and growing local community partnerships and networks representing Berry Street’s educational programs.
For further information please refer to the Position Description.
- A minimum Bachelor level qualification in Education/Teaching.
- Minimum four-year trained and have provisional or full registration from the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- Highly developed capacity to respond to the educational needs of young people who are disengaged from education and training and a knowledge of the educational models/responses which address the needs of children with a history of trauma.
- Ability to maintain a cohesive team environment, bringing together the disciplines of education and welfare and ensuring team members are provided with supervision, support and professional development.
- Capability to establish and grow local community partnerships and networks representing Berry Street’s educational programs.
- Exceptional leadership experience
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and Key Selection Criteria to be submitted by 11pm on 6th September 2019. Queries to Joanne Alford – Principal on 0402 427 833. Please click here to download the Key Selection Criteria.
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.