- Take Two
- Flemington Office
- Part Time - 0.8 - Fixed Term until 31st December 2019
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
Take Two is an intensive therapeutic service for infants, children and young people who have suffered trauma, neglect and disrupted attachment. It provides high quality therapeutic services for children and their families, as well as contributing to the service system that provides care, support and protection for these children.
About the role:
The Clinician will provide high quality assessment and advice relating to the care of Child Protection clients referred to the Take Two program. The role delivers therapeutic interventions for children, young people and their families.
- To be successful in this role, you will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline such as Family Therapy/Child Psychotherapy.
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with a culturally informed and respectful approach with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
- You will have the capacity to understand and articulate the needs of children who have experienced complex trauma, and provide leadership in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- Experience is preferred however if you believe you meet the Key Selection Criteria we would love to receive your application!
What Berry Street can offer you:
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great friendly environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
For further information about this position, please refer to the position description.
Queries to Marell Lynch - Clinical Manager on 0409 364 452
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 11pm on Sunday, 17 February 2019
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria template, please click here
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.