Internal Consultant Investigations
- Newly created team
- Positively impact service provision
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
About the role:
The Internal Consultant Investigations position has been established in response to the implementation of the new Client Incident Management system by DHHS and the requirement that CSO’s undertake actions to review or investigate all major incidents.
The Internal Consultant Investigations has the primary objective of ensuring that investigations associated with major incidents are completed within the required time frame and capture organisational learnings in a manner that can be actioned for improvement at both individual and organisation wide level.
With demonstrated experience undertaking complex investigations, you have a high ability to assess complex information, identify practice and technical issues, and work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement creative, innovative and flexible solutions. You will also bring:
- Knowledge and practical application of legislation, practices and procedures;
- Strong and clear investigative skills;
- Strong analytical, conceptual, problem solving and reporting skills
- Demonstrated project skills and experience;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent report writing, documentation, administrative and organisational skills and computer literacy;
- Strong knowledge of the DHHS Client Incident Management Policy;
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully across a wide range of people;
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage a high workload, deadlines and many competing tasks.
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently assuming responsibility for nominated tasks;.
This role requires a relevant qualification in legal studies, investigations or equivalent field. Staff must hold a valid WWCC and current driver’s license at all times and undergo a Criminal Records Check prior to employment. Subsequently, staff must report any criminal charges or court appearances.
What Berry Street can offer you:
- The opportunity to shape this newly created, stimulating role in a large and complex organisation
- Access to ongoing development opportunities
- A friendly and productive team environment
- A focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits including motor vehicle allowance plus meal entertainment
- A chance to work for an organisation that genuinely cares about you
- For further information about this role, please refer to the position description.
All queries and applications are to be made directly our external recruitment partner. Peter Bowen, Managing Partner at deliberatepractice can be contacted on 03 9008 5841 or email@example.com
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted directly to Peter by 11pm 18th February 2019
To download the Position Description, please click here
Tow download the Key Selection Criteria please click here
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.