Noble Park, VIC
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Noble Park location
- Full time, permanent position
- $91K base remuneration (plus Full Private Use of a motor vehicle, super and salary packaging = total package)
The Berry Street School is a specialist independent school consisting of four campuses based in Shepparton, Morwell, Ballarat and Noble Park. We provide a Victorian Curriculum and VCAL program for students aged 12 - 18 years.
Our school motto is Thrive, Achieve and Belong. We aim to do this through building positive relationships, academic rigor and providing opportunity and skills to learn how to be engaged and connected to school and community.
About the role
- This is a full time, permanent position.
- This position is anticipated to begin in January 2019.
- We are a leader in Trauma Informed Positive Education. Students achieve when they feel safe, are connected and are assisted to regulate their emotions and behaviour in order to learn.
- The Lead Teacher controls the daily program at the school, overseeing curriculum delivery and student wellbeing and management.
- We have small classes, provide additional specialist classroom support to teachers, as well as individual training and a range of professional development opportunities.
- The school currently has an enrolment of approximately 35 students, and delivers a trauma informed education model. The school offers Years 7 – 10 and a VCAL program.
- You will hold a tertiary qualification in Education.
- You will have full VIT registration.
- You are an exceptional teacher with leadership experience, who has a strong understanding of the delivery of trauma informed education and knowledge of the welfare system.
- You are passionate about alternative education and determined to see change for young people with complex educational needs.
- You have experience in overseeing and implementing school-wide curriculum designed to meet the individual needs of students along with student wellbeing and management.
- You have demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of differentiated curriculum leading to improved student outcomes.
What can Berry Street offer you?
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great harmonious environment
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey participation
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- An organisation that cares about you
For further information about this role please refer to the position description.
Queries to Lily Clifford (Acting Principal – Berry Street School) on (03) 9429 9266
Applications including resume, cover letter and statement addressing the key selection criteria to be submitted by 11pm Sunday, 21 October 2018
To download the position description, please click here
To download the key selection criteria template, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.