Senior Specialist Family Violence Case Worker
- Eaglemont Location
- Part time (0.8) contract until 30 June 2019
- Generous Salary packaging benefits
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
This opportunity has arisen due to internal movements within the broader Family and Domestic Violence Team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing outreach case management including assessment and support to women and their children in a variety of settings across the Northern Region.
- We are seeking someone with a strong understanding of the complexity of family violence and various service systems that clients interface with and the advocacy required in these systems.
- Have a tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, welfare or a related discipline
- A solid understanding of relevant legislation including Family Violence Protection Act 2008 and the Child, Youth and Families Act 2007.
- Previous use of the Common Risk Assessment Framework and safety planning.
- Great team player with a positive attitude
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Support from a committed, collaborative team of workers
- A vibrant office and passionate inclusive team culture
Queries to Kate Cannon, Manager Case Work Counselling & Community Programs on (03) 9450 4700
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm on Wednesday, 25 July 2018.
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply