Group Operations Manager - Statutory Services
- Rewarding senior management opportunity focusing on the development and implementation of statutory programs
- Attractive base salary of $117,989.98 plus super
- A host of additional benefits on offer including vehicle allowance, salary sacrificing and much more
About Berry Street
Berry Street is Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation. They are passionate and steadfast in the belief that everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world however their vision and purpose to continue to be a strong and independent voice for the children, young people and families remains the same.
About the role
Berry Street now has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and resilient Group Operations Manager to join the Senior Management Team on a full-time basis in their Morwell office.
In partnership with the Regional Director, your main responsibility will be overseeing the development and review of all statutory programs including residential care, home-based care, kinship care, Targeted Care Packages and Intensive Case Management Services and ensuring high-quality service is being delivered to clients accessing these services.
Other responsibilities may include (but will not be limited to):
- Facilitating implementation of regional strategic and operations plans and activities;
- Ensuring sound service delivery systems, processes and practice policies are in place;
- Identifying how policy and practice can be improved and implementing changes and innovations where required;
- Tracking outcomes and changes in government and organisational policies;
- Handling any serious client or staff incidents, including completion of appropriate reporting and implementing strategies to prevent further incidents; and
- Identifying client needs, service gaps and opportunities to enhance and extend Berry Street services.
To view the full Position Description, click here.
To be considered you must have Tertiary Qualifications in Social Work or related discipline, coupled with extensive relevant experience in a leadership position.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have demonstrated experience in practice and program management and have a high-level of interpersonal and negotiation skills. Your ability to positively influence staff members, stakeholders and/or other relevant parties to achieve a desired outcome will be key to your success in this role.
You must be a client-centred and solutions-focused individual who has highly developed analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to plan, review and implement quality improvements.
Please note: The successful applicant must hold (or be willing to obtain) a valid Working with Children check, current unencumbered drivers licence and must be willing to undergo a pre-employment check.
About the Benefits
For your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly attractive salary of $117,989.98 plus super. Unique to this position, you will not be required to be on-call after business hours, ensuring you are able to enjoy a work-life balance!
Additional benefits will include:
- Salary sacrificing (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Motor vehicle allowance of $10,500 (pro rata)
- A thorough induction program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A great friendly environment
- Employee assistance program
- Focus on positive work/life balance
- An organisation that cares about you
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.